Wednesday, August 11, 2010

High Yield Checking Accounts

A couple months ago I looked down at Rob's mail and saw his bank, Kearny Savings, was offering a 3.51% checking account.

I was stunned. 3.51 seemed like an amazing amazing amazing percentage rate. I immediately opened an account. The only parameters toward earning the high rate was to have an automatic payment billed from the account, have paperless statements, and agree to make at least 10 debit card transactions.

It's so easy. Any leftover money, any random scrap of anything, I plow into that account, so it can earn some interest.

I calculated the amount of extra dough I've earned in interest, over my previous checking accounts. I've racked up an added $24.95 in the three months of this account's existence. Not bad; the previous interest income for the whole year was $5.16 in the other accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment