Sunday, August 1, 2010

Libraries are fine

I have a lot of books out of the library. Mainly, they are books about earning or saving money somehow.

I thought to myself, it's best to rent the book from the library, thus saving you the money of buying it outright.

Except in my case, where I fail to bring back the books on time, accruing late fines instead of renewing.

Because, of course, I can't find my library card.

My fines: $23.17

Or, about the cost of one book.

D'oh!

These are, unfortunately, just the current fines owed. In the last 3 years I've owed much more, collectively. I've probably had to pay the library $150 plus in fines.

That's just retarded of me.

However, I do feel the books I've read (among the library books I've actually read, that is, opposed to the ones I've let languish unread in my nightstand) were useful and actually gave my skills to help me earn or save money. Which is good, I guess.

I just wish I woulda returned those books on time and saved myself $163.17. Maybe I shoulda taken out books on time management?

Shoulda woulda coulda.

I'm committed to earning back my late fees in extra income derived from the knowledge of my checked-out books.

I checked out one book on selling books online, and so far have made $23. Another book is about using your knowledge creatively, such as freelance writing and such. I've made $12 doing that. The other book was about selling on Craigslist. I've made $150 selling shit on Craigslist.

So, that's a total $185.

Well alright.

I'm ahead of the game, I guess. Now I just have to return these currently checked-out books, on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment