Thursday, August 12, 2010

Syonara, socks

Let me first say: I play roller derby. A sport that comes with a high concentration of socks. Thigh-highs, knee-highs, tights, footless leggings, stockings, and probably more. Ones in your league colors, ones in your team's colors, ones for travel team bouts, ones for novelty bouts, ones loved ones have bought you. SOCKS! Lots of them!

Indeed, I even have socks that are of the non-derby variety, for work/play/leisure/winter/summer. Unfortunately I also have a fascination with vintage stockings, the fishnet and seamed varieties. Lo, I have three drawers just of socks.

WTF is wrong with me.

So as part of the 100 Things Challenge, I'm coming to grips with my sock surplus. I've loaded up all my lesser-worn socks and am bringing them to derby practice, for all the new girls to scoop up. I don't even care if they go for 50 cent each. Take 'em.

It was two giant bags of stuff. I came back home with nothing, save for 22 extra dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment